I am a LAMP stack web developer and a 3D immersive environments user interface designer, developer for the Greenbush Education Service Center. I am a technology instructor with middle school students and teach the course “Gaming & Simulations in Education” for Kansas State University online. I also serve as the co-chair for the Immersive Education K-12 working group as well as serving as the chair for the Midwest Region.
The Formal Version:
Rich White serves as the emerging technologies & immersive/collaborative education designer, developer, and researcher for the Greenbush Education Service Center in Kansas and is the Co-Chair of the K-12 Immersive Education Initiative based out of Boston College.Rich’s experiences ranges from developing immersive education hardware and software solutions to serving as a technology instructor & mentor to students as they explore emerging technology and computational thinking tools.
- Rich is the application architect for the Edusim project (http://edusim3d.com) and is the creator of the direct manipulation user interface for 3D virtual learning environments on interactive surfaces known as 3D Immersive Touch
- Rich is a member of the Immersive Education Consortiums RocketWorld Development Group (http://immersiveeducation.org).
- Rich is Co-Chair of the Immersive Education Consortiums K-12 Workgroup
- Rich is the Chairman of the Immersive Education Consortiums: Kansas Regional Chapter
- Rich has instructed, designed, and developed K-12 virtual world projects with such organizations as Smart Technologies, Appalachian State University, Duke University, Tulane University, Boston College, The Cobalt Consortium, and the Grid Institutes Immersive Education Project.Follow Rich on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/richwhite