Cobalt running on the new high definition interactive wall at Duke University !
A wonderful piece on the New York Times on communicating findings and results in todays modern age -with todays modern communication tools.The abbreviated version on Slashdot sums it up The article focuses on the suggestion that Lee’s use of YouTube to demonstrate his innovations has done a better job of communicating his ideas than more ...
Another surface for Edusim !
As a K-12 immersive education designer, developer, and researcher for the past several years I have come to several relatively clear observations, some of which I want to outline below. As stated in Part 1 of “Students, Education, and Scalable Virtual Worlds” I emphasized that the capability that 3D virtual worlds possess far outpace the ...
Quick video of a pilot I conducted with the help of John to stream an IDL session from Kan-Ed into the GreenbushGrid .. We intend to pilot a live session soon (Ala in-world GreenbushTV) … Everything seems stable. Video link is here: http://blip.tv/file/1382711
Northrop Grumman Representative Speaking at Virtual Worlds London .. Speaking about a system that sounds very much like Edusim Re: Virtual Words LondonMatt Furman http://www.northropgrumman.com
(Cross post from the future invented Cobalt blog)Technology is making possible learning opportunities that only a short time ago were very difficult to imagine inside the classroom. It is now possible for students that live cities, states, even continents away to connect & learn together by sitting down at their computers or collecting around their ...
- I first posted the “high order bits” post back a year and a half ago in July 2007, however it is as relevant as ever now. Though the graphic is showing its age (It was developeed before the Iphone, and well before Secondlife had anywhere close to 1 million users), the rate of change ...
- This project launched not long ago and has all the key components to qualify it as an “Edusim” environment. High end graphics are very nice …. direct manipulation of the virtual learning objects in a collaborative learning environment … This type of learning will become more & more prevalent as technology advances.
Moodle for beginners guide
[Via the Wall Street Journal] The report clears the way for the FCC to move forward with a plan to auction off airwaves to a bidder who agrees to offer free, national wireless Internet service. The FCC is expected to finalize rules this year and could begin auctioning off airwaves in early-to-mid 2009. word 0f ...
- Immersive Education Open File Standards Working Group Discussion via Secondlife
- - Get other .c3d world templates at http://edusim3d.com/worlds
Get CB Model Pro Here Watch more CB Model Pro Tutorials Here
- Grab the new Edusim at http://edusim3d.com Downloading and launching Edusim Using the menus, saving & Loading worlds
Grab it at the Edusim users group website _HERE_ Video tutorials will soon follow _HERE_
- A Top to Bottom Overview of the Cobalt 3D Metavers Project By Julian Lombardi a few weeks ago