As reported by TechCrunch and others:
Voice communication will soon be available in SecondLife.
My $.02 — This will dramaticallg change the landscape of distance education and the virtual meeting space in general over the next year or 2!
Stay tuned ! .. We are looking forward to testing it out in GreenbushLand in Secondlife
We are still under construction .. but come in and check us out !
I guess the cats out of the bag … so as long as Im tinkering with IMovie and uploading to Google video …. Ill share here: I built this tonight (2-21-07). Started working on my next one. stay tuned.
(Mashup combos Im using
ccmixter.org + quoteland.com + worth1000.com + video.google.com
Mixed with IMove
A little slide show I put together tonight – its based on the The Google 9 Notions of Innovation
9 notions of innovation
1. Ideas come from everywhere. (Google expects you to innovate.)
2. Share everything you can. (Every idea accessible to everyone.)
3. YouÂ’re brilliant. WeÂ’re hiring. (Google favours intelligence over experience.)
4. License to pursue dreams. (Employees get a Â‘freeÂ’ day a week to pursue self-set projects.)
5. Innovation, not instant perfection. (Google launches early and often with small beta tests.)
6. DonÂ’t politic, use data. (Use of Â‘I likeÂ’ discouraged.)
7. Creativity loves restraint. (Give people a vision.)
8. Worry about usage and users, not money. (Provide something simple to use, easy to love. Money will come.)
9. DonÂ’t kill projects, morph them. (ThereÂ’s always a kernel of something good that can be salvaged.)
[A great article from [www.innovationcreators.com] ]
The new rule on distribution: It's not how many people visit your site, what counts is how many people you can reach.
This is the lesson of YouTube. Figure out a way to embedded your service in our people's distribution channels. And, for Software as a Service vendors – figure out how to make money while doing it. OK…. maybe YouTube hasn't figured out how to make money. But the writing about distribution is on the wall.
By distribution, I mean new ways to deliver web services within the context of what an end user is actually doing. Here are some practical examples of what that means:
* A blogger who is more likely to write about a video if the blogger can embed the video in their blog.
* An employee who is more likely to use an enterprise 2.0 solution if blogs as Activity Centric Blogs, which are focused on helping that employee get their work done.
* A sales person who finds it useful to be able to access their address book in the context of a sales tool, but also wants to use that same address book on their phone, in their email.
* Anyone trying to leverage their social network outside the barriers on an online social networking service.
My $.02 — Between embeded video, RSS, ICals, and the likes — Almost any knowledge can be shared and made "transportable" for the end user to consume wher/when/as they choose !
I moved the Master Calendar RSS and ICal feeds:
they are here:
check them out.
A good article regarding IP TV and discribution of video content (this one gets detailed regarding the Apple TV device).
With Greenbush Video distributing through Google Videos … it will be interesting to see how we can leverage any new development to get content out to the world.
As you may or may not know … We have been using Google Videos as our "Video on Demand" platform. We now have almost 50 videos up there! We have been uploading them of a year now (next month) so we are averaging about 1 a week …. we plan on cranking it up and getting more relevant content out there in video format so stay tuned.
A little known fact is that you CAN subscribe to RSS feeds via google video … here is the feed for everything tagged "Greenbush Education" for example
So there you go !
Stay tuned for more Greenbush Video on Demand !
We have now been preaching this "Blog" stuff for well over a year now and we are pleased to say MANY of you are choosing to contribute to the collective IQ ! …. and for those that haven't … what are you waiting for ! … here are some resources to get you going !
We have a VERY simple "baby pool" free blogging account (good for the beginner)
Want More?….. Try
There you go … Just Blog it !